Membership News and Information
February 11, 2019
As we near the start of our season, we would like to introduce our newest sponsor, PITCHKOUNT. As a new sponsor, they have extended a special to all NHSBCA Members or prospective NHSBCA members. On pitchkount.com, the price is listed at $90/school (does not matter how many teams a school has), but for NHSBCA members (Georgia members (GHSA) are excluded), they will do a 44% discount and reduce the price to just $50/school. Please use the promo code of PK1850. Check out the PitchKount flyer. @pitchkount
Georgia members are excluded from the discount because they are using PitchKount in its full comprehensive version by the GHSA and that is the negotiated cost per school. Coaches from other states will be using PK on their own as an internal tool to help them stay on top of their pitcher's eligibility.
In our efforts to keep our members and prospective members in tune with the value of NHSBCA Membership, I once again am reflecting on the many benefits that come with membership. The NHSBCA is the only high school organization that solely represents high school baseball, as many of you know, I consider this organization an investment not only in myself but for my team and the good of our national pastime. Of course, we offer fantastic benefits like a million dollars liability policy, regional and national coaching awards, national recognition for team and players, national convention and clinic and our vast coaching network. If you have already jumped on board and become a member or renewed your NHSBCA membership, fantastic! However, if your not a member, our hope to have us join this fraternal network of coaches. Please consider this to be an investment in yourself!
As most of our nation is beginning to welcome in spring baseball we felt that hearing from NHSBCA member, Eric Kibler about his collaborative work with USA Baseball on coaching may be a useful resource during your 2019 season.
The manual is a passion of his and others who contributed to growing the sport of baseball in our country. Coach Kibler's experience as a head coach for 43 years has provided the opportunity and skill to create this manual. Coach Kibler's involvement with the USA baseball Sports Development Program and being a 3-time USA National Coach has given us valuable insight to help the sport move forward is a positive way. This manual intends to be a valuable resource for any coach that is involved in coaching youth baseball. It will help guide and direct coaches to strike a balance for the health and safety of the sport. It covers much of the information that will help a coach make more informed decisions on all the issues that high school/youth coaches deal with on and off the field.
Feel free to contact Coach Kibler:
Eric Kibler (former Horizon High School Coach for 38 years)
Contact information: Cell: 602-291-1952
Please check out or newly created coaches corner for archived articles
The 2019 membership drive for the NHSBCA has kicked off, and we encourage you to join or renew your membership. If you coach in Delaware, Arizona or Missouri, please see you State Association website to participate as an NHSBCA Dual Membership.
2019 NHSBCA Membership News
1. We refreshed our website and rebranded the NHSBCA with a new logo. We continue to add features and update material weekly.
2. A new Assistant Executive Director, Ty Whittaker, Eastern Tech/Maryland was nominated and passed by the NHSBCA Executive Committee.
3. We are also adding two new positions as directors, these positions will be strictly administrative and will have no voting power, Associate Directors (Paul Twenge, Minnesota/Ray Benjamin, Ohio.) These three spots will allow us to break the workload and to serve each of our members/state associations more thoroughly.
4. We will continue to do the following: National Team Ranking Committee ranking teams throughout the spring. There will be some adjustment in the ranking dates. These are the tentative dates: March 3rd, March 31st, April 14th, April 28th, May 5th, May 19th, June 2nd and if needed June 9th. We anticipate the NHSBCA Pre-Season Ranking (Top 35) for 2019 in early February.
Pre-Season NHSBCA/Baseball America High School Baseball Ranking March 3rd, 2019
All- Regional Teams, National All-Americans, Regional and National Coaches of the Year, Regional and National Fields of the Year, Regional Assistant Coaches of the Year, are still voted on at the end of 2019
5. Our newest initiative is Pre-Season All-Americans Team as voted on by State Association. This is an excellent way for the NHSBCA to interact with each State Association and foster better communication between our state associations. Currently, we have three states that have submitted their NHSBCA Pre-Season All-American Teams. Check out the clickable United State Map for the NHSBCA Pre-Season All-American Team. All states that have submitted entries are in Red, White or Blue. If the state is GREEN, we are still awaiting entry to email@example.com.
Here Are The States That Have Currently Submitted Selections Via State Associations.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COMPLETED
NSHBCA ALL-AMERICAN SELECTIONS TO
THIS IS A GREAT INITIATIVE FOR THE STATE ORGANIZATIONS TO GET YOUR PLAYERS NATIONAL EXPOSURE.
6. Our newest NHSBCA Committee is one that is long overdue in today’s world, “Social Media Committee,” to be run by coaches that enjoy using Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. This platform is an excellent source for sharing baseball nationally. Please feel free to click the social media icons below to "like" us on social media.
It too was decided that all mailings from here on will be done by e-mail and social media. We no longer will send out notices via the US Post Office. Please feel free to forward this email to your State Association contact list.
7. Insurance Updates: We will no longer send out insurance cards to the NHSBCA Membership. Instead, we will be providing contact information. This is NOT an insurance policy change; it is merely a change to streamline workflow. We will continue to notify our insurance agency on updated memberships. Please remember that insurance policies run concurrently with membership September 1st, 2018 to August 31st, 2019.
8. On the recommendations of the NHSBCA Hall of Fame Committee, we have converted the Hall of Fame Application to be electronic. This link will be on the website under the Hall of Fame tabs. However, for your convenience, we have provided you with the link now. Please feel free to submit candidates that follow under the criteria for consideration. NHSBCA Hall of Fame Application Form IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY TO NOMINATE A CANDIDATE.
9. As you have noted our website, it is undergoing some changes to convert more pages to live material instead of PDF. Please have patience with us; this is a daunting task. You will also note that we have added a search tool in the top right-hand corner to make finding topics more accessible. A few members have pointed out their wish to see a list of past and present conventions (researching and receiving history please feel free to forward information ) we are working on that very wish along with populating the NHSBCA Coaches Corner with articles, short videos, and a blog. If you have any suggestions, articles, videos or ideas, please contact Ty Whittaker.
Currently, we are looking for State Association or State Leadership contacts in the following States or Territories; Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, Hawaii, Kansas, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Please send any or all contacts to Ty Whittaker.
As many of you know, we have divided up the workload to have as many state associations/NHSBCA Members represented as possible; This gives us much better information gathering capability. Many baseball organizations, Baseball America, USA Baseball, and ABCA rely on information gathered within our NHSBCA. Please feel free to reach out to these representatives with information. In another initiative, we have selected NHSBCA Ambassadors to help maintain member support. Each NHSBCA Ambassador is assigned to new member recruitment, local member support and ancillary support in the case of NHSBCA Committee Member inability to help.
INSURANCE INFORMATION:RELATION INSURANCE SERVICES
KRISTIN LEGENDRE: (800)-955-1991 EXT.5617
THIS IS YOUR MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION SHEET FOR THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION INSURANCE CERTIFICATE RELATION INSURANCE SERVICES
ENDORSED BY: NHSBCA
THE PREMIER CAMP INSURANCE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
**$1,000,000 LIABILITY PROTECTION
**$25,000 MEDICAL PAYMENT TO PARTICIPANT
**QUOTE/BIND ONLINE**INSTANT CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE (IF PURCHASED ONLINE) **HIGHER LIMITS AVAILABLE
**$1.37 PER PARTICIPANT PER DAY
**$4.12 PER WEEK
**$5.48 PER PARTICIPANT/OVERNIGHT PROGRAMS
TO PURCHASE CAMP INSURANCE OR TO MAKE A CLAIM
PLEASE CALL KRISTIN LEGENDRE TOLL FREE: 800-955-1991 EXT. 5617 OR SANDY MCDOWELL AT EXT. 5605
It has indeed been a good year for the NHSBCA in terms and additions and changes to serve our members better and to promote the game of baseball. Our Board of Directors anticipates 2019 to be a banner year regarding growth and participation from and for our coaches nationwide. We encourage each of you and you your assistants to continue to invest in your coaching career and to spread the word individually about the NHSBCA and all that it has to offer.
National High School Baseball Coaches Association Executive Director